If you are a business owner and are considering a move to Maplewood, the Community Development Department can help you.
The Community Development Office is responsible for the following functions:
- Economic development projects and initiatives within the City of Maplewood.
- Provides business assistance including working with business owners to set up a business, addressing ongoing needs and public relations.
- Provides residential housing assistance including identifying resources for home repair and other housing matters and organizing resource seminars.
- Manages the Maplewood Special Business District which includes: creating monthly SBD agendas and meeting packets for commissioners, business recruitment, budget development, branding and advertising, event planning, and management.
- Manages the Sustainability Commission which includes creating monthly meeting agendas and meeting packets for commissioners and facilitating recommendations put forth by the commission.
- Editor of The Maple Leaf Newsletter, manager of the City of Maplewood Website and all social media.
- Develops, plans and promotes the Maplewood City and Special Business District events including Sweet Tooth Tour, Coffee Crawl, Stringfest, Let Them Eat Art, Restaurant Week. and Small Business Saturday.
- Continually develops new events and initiatives to help make Maplewood a shopping, dining and entertainment destination and a great place to live.
Find out more about:
- Maplewood's Business Services
- Resident Services and Information
- Enjoy Maplewood's Events in the Special Business District
- Real Estate Listings
- The Nation's First Green Dining District